Safety instructions for Alternative Channels
Safety is important to us all. Help boost the security of your data by following some straightforward tips:
Use strong passwords
- Use a strong password and regularly change it. It is one of the most important things you can do to protect your accounts from malicious users.
- Keep all your passwords secret.
- Do not use the same password everywhere.
- A Bank officer will NEVER ask your password.
Protection from malware
- Install antimalware software on the device you use for i-banking
- Always keep the antimalware software up-to-date and do not deactivate it
- Avoid installing unauthorised software or software that is widely available online
- Be wary of any attachments sent via email, particularly if you do not know the sender
Beware of social engineering techniques
- Be wary of emails and/or phone calls which you did not solicit from the Bank, and be wary of any email attachments sent to you
- Be extremely careful when clicking on links sent to you, especially if you do not know the sender
- Avoid clicking on the suggested links, and instead manually type out the URLs on your browser
- Bank apps will NEVER prompt you to provide your Bank card pin
- Do not divulge personal information
- Bank officers will NEVER visit you anywhere other than within a branch
Using the Internet
- Be careful when visiting uncertified, unknown or suspicious websites
- Do not post personal or sensitive information on social media, and likewise on the Internet in general
- Avoid clicking on web links suggested via email, instead manually type out the URLs on your browser.
- Whenever transferring sensitive information, make sure that the websites use encryption, where the URL address begins with the prefix «https://....»
Protecting electronic devices
- Always keep updated the operating system on your electronic devices - e.g. computers, mobile phones, tablets
- Always have the firewall turned on
- Secure your computer, mobile phone and tablet with a password
- Limit the number of users with access to your devices
Shared or unknown networks
- Avoid using shared networks, particularly when performing online payments and transfers
- Avoid using unknown and/or open networks when performing online payments
Reporting a security incident
Immediately report any incident and/or suspected incident if it entails the following:
- Suspicious incidents or anomalies during login to payment services via the Internet
- Unknown or illegal payments
- Attempts at social engineering
- Loss of the device that you use to access i-banking services